Thursday, April 21, 2016

Future Plans

“ There's plenty of money out there. They print more every day. But this ticket, there's only five of them in the whole world, and that's all there's ever going to be. Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?"
--Grandpa George
"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

I came to a realization lately.

I would rather know people are reading my book then get paid to know that they may or may not read it.

You guys have been great, so far. You keep (rather, you kept) coming back every saturday to read roughly 1000 words of short stories or snippets of things I was working on. It was great. I felt like I was really connecting with you, my readers. You guys were seeing the smaller side of me, the unedited, unprofessional side.

And since that was the interactive side, I thought hey, why don't I bring that interactive, unprofessional side and my 'author' side together?

Besides, I was running out of already-typed stories. You guys were killing me!

So, in honor of my June release (which is still on its way, no worries), I've decided that instead of posting once a week for my 'Saturday Stories', I'm going to post a chapter of Olyvia on this blog, every day, for you to read, all for free, all during the month of May. M for marwolaeth? haha.

I'll post a follow-up commentary after each Chapter; just little tidbits, backgrounds, character bios, and even a few sketches, should I have them. I know several of you have already read through Olyvia, but for those of you who haven't...Here's your chance!

And hey, if you like what you're reading and you don't want to wait till the end of the month to finish, Olyvia will still be available online for purchase and download. You can buy it and finish it before the month is up.

And hey, who knows? Maybe after May is up, I'll compile the whole month into a new edition that includes all the commentary and illustrations and, oh, I dunno, put it up for sale for the people who want it?

Of course, a party is only as good as it's party-goers, haha. We'll see.

In other news, next week I'm going to create a facebook page to celebrate and talk about Rod's book launch. I've got a new Wordpress site that pretty much serves as a collection of everywhere I've been, links to all the things, and updates of current book-y events. I'm fairly sure that most book-related updates will be posted there from now on, so don't forget about it! I'll add links soon, so don't despair if you can't find it. :)

So, there you have it; Rod's book is on it's way and there will be a place you can find out more about it, Jules is going to be undergoing a book blast during May, Olyvia is going to be appearing here at the blog, and I've got a new Wordpress site that'll be used to coordinate all links and information pertaining to my authorship and things. Oh, and I've been a little more conscious about reading and reviewing books. I've only just finished reading and reviewing a single book lately, but the review should be posted to my Goodreads blog soon. That, and I'll be getting an Instagram/Pinterest account (and maybe try Tumbler, if I think I can get the hang of it) to be posting lots of visual artistic endeavors. Some book related, some not. All me. :D

Happy Reading!
KS

1 comment:

  1. So I had been away for a bit and ran into the end of your Olyvia commentary...so I had to scoot allllll the way back here to read the commentary. I love the idea of you re-releasing with special content. (I would need a copy since the copy of Olyvia I have is the one that the publishing company screwed up) :)

    ReplyDelete