Sunday, December 6, 2015

Book Launch

BLLLEEAHHHUUUUGHHHH

I don't know what I'm doing.

Finally finished my book. Sent it to the editor. Got it back. Mulled it over again. Got my lovely, wonderful brother to work on the book cover. Formatted the sucker myself using Scrivener. Trying to put together both a book launch facebook group and a launch page.

But all of this pales in comparison to the anxiety of being both social during this launching process and of trying to create hype for something that I love and don't want people to see. Why don't I want people to see it?

Because I'm scared.

I love it. I think it's great.

I'm scared of other people seeing it and stepping all over it.

I've done it for books I don't like. I've stomped ALL over them and basically called the author an idiot. I know how high of a standard I put on other books and I know how harsh other people can be to an author or artist they don't like. My books are far more personal art then my pottery, and so to not only put it out there for other people's criticism but also try and create hype for it so that everyone else can get as excited as I am about it...


What am I thinking?! Ask people things?!!? Show people my book?!

What is wrong with me?

I mean, I know why *I'M* excited for this stuff to be written. I apparently want to write an Epic/Magical Realism piece, but I'm just not there yet, so I'm doing it in spurts.

But who really wants to stay with a writer that's ADD enough to think this is a good idea?

Well...

I mean, I would. :)

I think it's an interesting idea. And I think I want to see how it turns out, even if I'm the only one that thinks it's interesting.

....

Which I guess, in the end, makes it worth it. I'll get to see how this thing plays out...And maybe I'll get a few fellow readers to join me on the journey. After all, what's better then a few good companions that aren't only in my head?

...

Anyway. It's getting close. Starting to gather people for support, rally the troops, whathaveyou.


Want to be part of the publishing process? Shoot me an email at kaeliastevens89@gmail.com or check out my facebook page (there's a link in the sidebar on the right) to get more information.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment