Friday, November 6, 2015

Look at me! I'm keeping up with my blog!

Ok, quick actual introduction to what I'm trying to accomplish here.

As you out in cyber land may or may not know, I'm a fledgling self-published author. Been working on stories since I was little, yes, but "Olyvia" was the first one that I've actually let the whole world see. Go pick it up and try it out if you haven't yet, and let me know what you think.

I'm working on my second one currently. Started working on it in August, and have entered into the editing/rewriting phase already. A few detours happened during the editing process, so I'm reworking what I have and adding in content as I go. It's a crazy process, but it's very much worth it.

I'm also participating in NaNoWriMo this month, so I'll keep you updated on my word count and progress here as well as on my Facebook author page "Kaelia Stevens" (I'll add in links to things once I get back to my computer).

I'm also a budding ceramist, and am currently practicing where and when I can. I'll be attending my first craft show on Nov 11th, and hopefully my pieces will attract some attention. I'm still learning, but isn't that true of most people? Eventually I will have a business under my belt, making and selling  cups, bowls, and art pieces. I'll post pictures of my work on this blog so it'll can see how I'm doing. :)

Other then that, I've got a few side-projects: mapping out a potential new world, creating creatures, gardening, and just generally attempting to be me. So, here's this blog, to sort of share what I've been up to, what I've learned, little bits of inspiration and maybe even an old short story or two of my own.


Now, for my first actual update.

Progress is turning on its head as I work through my second novel. Currently holding a word count of 10k+ since NaNoWriMo started. Haven't done my writing for today, but I'm waiting until I can get comfy in my own little writing spot. The characters have decided that my original plot line was stupid, and they were going to write their own. It's their story, I suppose, so we'll see where this new plot takes us.

To be honest, it does seem a bit better then the plot that got destroyed last night, so no real complaints from me.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you allow your characters to run free and change things like that! They seem very alive when I read Olyvia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you allow your characters to run free and change things like that! They seem very alive when I read Olyvia.

    ReplyDelete